Apres Asia, le deluge
Maybe it was the party I went to an hour after getting home from Thailand. Or catching Ryan Adams (stoned) and Wilco (a little too tight for my taste) back-to-back at the Blue Note. A bug picked up from mosquitoes or mojitos. But my ass is dragging.
Exciting news, though ... my book is here! Well, it's not MY book, it's Jen Leo's, but I have an essay in the new Travelers' Tales anthology "Whose Panties Are These? More Misadventures from Funny Women on the Road." (NB: I am not responsible for the title of this book.)
If nothing else, my essay "Blame It On Rio" should prove, without a doubt, that I will do anything for a story. Including reading it in front of complete strangers to promote the book, which I'll be doing in Ann Arbor (September 30) and Chicago (October 7).
My friends Kat and Wendy are on their way to Bhutan, lucky wenches. They sent me the following found poetry from the Museum of World Bugs and Natural Wonders in Chiang Mai.
The elephant has big teeth
For chewing grass and bamboo
His delicious food is only the vegetables of small price
The man has small teeth to chew meat
But some people prefer to do
Eat the cake of corruption
And harm the people's life
Woman is the mother of human
She is not the image of the sweet cake
Our mother is a great queen, we should understand
She is not a boat in the lake.
Sawasdee kha,
Cyn
Exciting news, though ... my book is here! Well, it's not MY book, it's Jen Leo's, but I have an essay in the new Travelers' Tales anthology "Whose Panties Are These? More Misadventures from Funny Women on the Road." (NB: I am not responsible for the title of this book.)
If nothing else, my essay "Blame It On Rio" should prove, without a doubt, that I will do anything for a story. Including reading it in front of complete strangers to promote the book, which I'll be doing in Ann Arbor (September 30) and Chicago (October 7).
My friends Kat and Wendy are on their way to Bhutan, lucky wenches. They sent me the following found poetry from the Museum of World Bugs and Natural Wonders in Chiang Mai.
The elephant has big teeth
For chewing grass and bamboo
His delicious food is only the vegetables of small price
The man has small teeth to chew meat
But some people prefer to do
Eat the cake of corruption
And harm the people's life
Woman is the mother of human
She is not the image of the sweet cake
Our mother is a great queen, we should understand
She is not a boat in the lake.
Sawasdee kha,
Cyn

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home