An Open Letter To Geoff Dyer
I read Yoga For People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do It yesterday while getting my car serviced, and I loved it.
It's similar to some of what I write (same same, but different), but I can forgive a writer who does what I want to do first, and better.
I can even forgive the chapter on Libya, when all I've been prattling on about this year is wanting to go to Libya.
I had a much harder time when I googled your other books, and found that you've written about going to Taormina, to visit D.H. Lawrence's house. I'm going to Taormina in October, damnit. I was going to visit D.H. Lawrence's house. I still will. But it won't be the same.
So here's the deal, Mr. Dyer. I am going to Timbuktu in January. And I would be very much obliged if you could manage to be somewhere that isn't Mali. At least until my book is done, which should be in May. Thank you.
Love,
Cyn
It's similar to some of what I write (same same, but different), but I can forgive a writer who does what I want to do first, and better.
I can even forgive the chapter on Libya, when all I've been prattling on about this year is wanting to go to Libya.
I had a much harder time when I googled your other books, and found that you've written about going to Taormina, to visit D.H. Lawrence's house. I'm going to Taormina in October, damnit. I was going to visit D.H. Lawrence's house. I still will. But it won't be the same.
So here's the deal, Mr. Dyer. I am going to Timbuktu in January. And I would be very much obliged if you could manage to be somewhere that isn't Mali. At least until my book is done, which should be in May. Thank you.
Love,
Cyn

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home