Friday, May 06, 2005

Maydays

A propos of absolutely nothing, one of the many things I learned in Mali is that "Mayday" is just a corrupted French version of "M'aider" which means, simply, "Help me."

Now that we have that out of the way, I guess the only thing I need help with this week is deadlines. Got back in town Monday night from the British Virgin Islands where I spent four lovely days sunning and sipping - er, working - aboard the good ship Arabella.


So long, and thanks for the hat

More pics are here, courtesy of that suavely debonair mag critic par excellance, Ryan Jannenga.

Now, back to the grind. Two pieces on Hemingway, one on Sicily and, oh yeah, my final stuff for Slate. Nose to the grindstone, etc. Except for tonight's Gallery Crawl. And tomorrow's happy hour with the girls. And Saturday, when Tom's cutting off the roof of his Acura to make a convertible and has invited spectators.... Well, soon, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home