Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's a Book Thang. You Wouldn't Understand.

I got 99 problems, but a book ain't one. It's true that I'm a potential polygamist, and would happily marry both my iPod and my suitcase in ceremony in Vermont. But this - THIS I tell you - is love.

This is Library Thing, from the man who brought us Ancient Library.

It's an almost-free way to catalog your books. It's a social networking tool. (Never underestimate the power of shared books. When Karen and I realized in Berlin that not only do we both love Tiziano Terzani's A Fortune-teller Told Me: Earthbound Travels in the Far East, but that we had both bought our copies at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, a bond was formed. Here we are happily enjoying our first glass of Kastell:













Sure, it's going to take me weeks to get them all entered. But what is love, without commitment? Cynbob sez check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie Javins said...

Huh. I bought my copy in the Hong Kong airport, some years back... there's an irony there, this book selling in airports...

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home