Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Narita Bananas










Hi from Haneda. Had the person who was booking my tickets for this little jaunt been able to get me on a direct flight, I'd be in Fukuoka now, having flown straight from Narita. But, FUK me, instead I've had a lovely 1.5 hour bus drive and a lovely 3 hour wait in Haneda. It's OK ... I've only torn through 28 time zones in about as many hours. I'll be fine. (On the plus side, I now have a sticker for my suitcase that says 'FUK.' Heh. Heh.)

But by any measure, the ANA flight from JFK was pretty sweet. (I mean, as sweet as a 14-hour flight can be.) You can imagine my delight when I saw that the business class seats have built-in electrical outlets for my iPod charging enjoyment. On a flight that exceeds my battery capacity, this is a geek girl's G-spot. The waves of pleasure intensified when I spied in-air wi-fi. Oh, baby. (Of course 'Connection by Boeing' cockblocked my attempts to get online with Alfie, but sometimes it's the thought that counts.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home