Sunday, October 01, 2006

George Bush didn't travel, either

"Hitler didn't travel. Stalin didn't travel. Saddam Hussein never traveled. They didn't want to have their orthodoxy challenged." — Howard Gardner

"A traveler without observation is a bird without wings." — Moslih Eddin Saadi

"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." — Martin Buber

"A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not; but a man of superior talent (which I cannot deny myself to be without being impious) will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place." — Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled." — Mohammed

"Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions." — Peter Hoeg

"The journey is my home." — Muriel Rukeyser

"To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world." —Freya Stark

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by." — Robert Frost

"The mind can never break off from the journey." — Pat Conroy

But this quote best describes how I feel today:

"I should like to spend the whole of my in life traveling abroad, if I could anywhere borrow another life to spend afterwards at home." — William Hazlitt


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home